Cult and Boutique Blu-ray and DVD Reviews, Theatrical and Genre Film Ramblings
VIVA LA MUERTE (1971) Radiance Films Blu-ray Review
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Radiance Films brings the 1971 Spanish political arthouse film VIVA LA MUERTE to Blu-ray, loaded with extras, including a feature-length documentary on the film and its director, Fernando Arrabal. A young boy during the Spanish revolution misses his father, whose disappearance at the hands of the military dictatorship may or may not have been aided by his mother. We see the world through his eyes and dark fantasies, some of which are very much not for the squeamish and still shocking half a century later.
Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/3YgBw9X (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Film Masters continues its rescue mission to salvage long-neglected public domain film titles from bargain-bin transfers and presentations with a crisp new Blu-ray of Bert I. Gordon's lighthouse spooker TORMENTED, starring CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE's Richard Carlson, with fun and fascinating extras on the filmmakers and cast. Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/4ayP0lo (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Full review here:
I really wanted to like Dev Patel's directorial debut, the set-in-India action revenge spectacle MONKEY MAN, but unfortunately the film looked like it was shot by a chimp, impossible to focus on the action due to horrendous camerawork and cutting. Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/49J2wBw (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Full review here:
Eureka Entertainment brings the rarely-seen Jimmy Wang Yu action thriller A MAN CALLED TIGER (1973) to Blu-ray, looking great and loaded with extras. Originally set to be the third collaboration with director Lo Wei and star Bruce Lee, this film follows a street brawler (Wang Yu) working his way up the ladder of a Yakuza gang in Japan to find out the truth about his father's murder. Some fantastic fights and period trappings, and more musical numbers than you'd expect. Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/47JuoX7 (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Full review here:
Comments
Post a Comment