Cult and Boutique Blu-ray and DVD Reviews, Theatrical and Genre Film Ramblings
THE SCARFACE MOB (1959) Arrow Video Blu-ray Review
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Arrow Video brings the original two-part pilot TV-Movie for THE UNTOUCHABLES, THE SCARFACE MOB (1959) to Blu-ray looking like a lost noir gem, with Robert Stack and Keenan Wynn leading a group of uncorruptible law officers on a mission to bust up the Chicago Prohibition-Era rackets run by Al Capone (Neville Brand).
Film Masters continues its rescue mission to salvage long-neglected public domain film titles from bargain-bin transfers and presentations with a crisp new Blu-ray of Bert I. Gordon's lighthouse spooker TORMENTED, starring CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE's Richard Carlson, with fun and fascinating extras on the filmmakers and cast. Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/4ayP0lo (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Full review here:
I really wanted to like Dev Patel's directorial debut, the set-in-India action revenge spectacle MONKEY MAN, but unfortunately the film looked like it was shot by a chimp, impossible to focus on the action due to horrendous camerawork and cutting. Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/49J2wBw (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Full review here:
Eureka Entertainment brings the rarely-seen Jimmy Wang Yu action thriller A MAN CALLED TIGER (1973) to Blu-ray, looking great and loaded with extras. Originally set to be the third collaboration with director Lo Wei and star Bruce Lee, this film follows a street brawler (Wang Yu) working his way up the ladder of a Yakuza gang in Japan to find out the truth about his father's murder. Some fantastic fights and period trappings, and more musical numbers than you'd expect. Get your copy now from Amazon at: https://amzn.to/47JuoX7 (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.) Full review here:
Comments
Post a Comment